Audio Bling wrote:
> What amazes me about this thread (and others) is that people who have no
> direct experience will give an *opinion *about something with the
> character of complete authority.. In this case, folk who presumably have
> never heard an SBT with clock upgrade will say (with complete assurance)
> that it makes little or no improvement.
>
> I have both a modded (new clocks) & unmodded SBT. *IMO,* the modded SBT
> is in another class.
>
> Regards,
>
> SBT (+EDO) > EA OffRamp (S/PDIF) > Audio Aero Capitole (DAC) > ..

I didn't realize that I had to provide a CV along with my brief
response.  ;-)

I have in fact heard modded touch players. So I stand by my response of
"not necessary" and benefits being doubtful (in my opinion).  But I'm
pleased that your particular modded touch is better in your system. I'm
sure not all modded Touch units are the same and I'm certainly of the
opinion that things about the TOUCH can be improved upon, although many
mods produce either no or marginal improvements over use of a TOUCH
feeding a high quality DAC.