Audio Bling wrote:
> I do not ask for your “CV” but I think you should avoid making blanket
> statements..
>
> I have a "high quality" DAC and the mods that I have applied to my SBT
> have been very beneficial, IMO. However, I am not suggesting that all
> mods will yield fruit.. But this is a long way from saying (as you seem
> to be saying) that most, if not all mods, are marginal or unnecessary.
>
> Let me spell this out: whereas I am saying that my experience is
> positive; you seem to be saying that your experience is negative *and
> therefore the general experience will be negative*. I think that is
> quite a leap to make..
>
> Regards,

I'm not saying that at all. I reported my opinion based on my experience
(which for me (and me alone) suggests that the mods I've seen/heard are
marginal relative to attaching a good DAC). You reported your opinion
based on your experience. And I believe you.  I think you're trying to
be informative with your opinion, just as I was with my opinion. That is
the beauty of user forums such as this. The readers of these threads can
gather up lots of opinions, and then make their own decisions about
their own choices/actions. I don't think anyone posts here hoping that
they simply hear a single response from the "optimum" responder.  The
beauty of these forums is that "crowd sourcing" questions can lead to
good information that helps people learn something.  They've certainly
helped me learn new things.

Again, I'm actually quite pleased that you were able to post your info
that was quite specific to the poster's question. That's the beauty of
this forum and what makes it valuable. But neither your positive
experience nor my negative experience is a definitive answer; they are
just two data points.  Neither of us has done a controlled double-blind
experiment (well, at least I haven't on modded touches). But the OP at
least now has some comments to think about.  And it would be even better
for the OP, if a dozen other folks post their response. More info is
more likely to lead to some sort of "answer" (although not necessarily
of course....20 ill-informed responses are not as good as one informed
response).  And your response certainly falls into the well informed
category.