Similar experience here :) in 2006

it  took 30 minutes ,but it was piont to piont wifi with my PC in
internet sharing mode ,that was saturday (had to learn how that
worked).

But after i figured  what a LAN was and got a router ? I actually took
my bike down to town and fetched whatever was avaible on a sunday .
some reading up what that router thingy was suposed to do (the ADSL
modem I had then had only one port ) later on monday it had my first
real system .

But when my first router was up and running properly, it just worked to
connect the SB3 ,server was installed and running and i just fiddled
with the remote and the SB3 sugested my server and that was it.