bernt wrote:
> Strange!? I found the SB system very easy to install and use.
>
> But when it comes to iPhones and iTunes.... everytime my wife or kids
> wants help with the iStuff I feel like banging my head to the wall.

+1

It's better now, but for a year or two it felt like every major holiday
would have to have a few days set aside to get iTunes working properly
again.  I've had to give up and reimport all my media numerous times,
each time spending valuable down time googling for scripts that will
preserve ratings/play counts etc, sorting 'movies' into TV series and
genuine movies, making lists of iPhone apps so that I can reinstall them
when they inevitably didn't reload automatically.....ugh.  I've finally
managed to get everybody in the house working with a central media
location and separate libraries built on each laptop.  But if I want to
visit the App store on my laptop when I'm away from home, so either the
library file or the individual media files are inaccessible, then I know
I'm in for trouble.

Every time I hear about bad experiences with LMS I mentally compare it
to the nightmare I've had with iTunes over the years.  And it's not just
me - each time I google for the solution to the next problem with
iTunes, there are limitless posts from people with the same problem, or
a slightly different one.  iTunes is undoubtedly the worst thing Apple
do.  It's slightly better on a Mac, which is unfortunate since iTunes on
a Windows PC is often the only experience of Apple that people in
Microsoftland will have.  I've come to the conclusion that Apple and
Microsoft don't mix - just as iTunes under Windows is a challenge,
Office 2011 is the worst performing software on my Mac.

If only everything was as simple as LMS!