JohnSwenson wrote:
> Yes  I did, here is the procedure:
>
> Put a modern firmware (say 7.7.2) fab4.bin in the root dir of a clean
> USB stick. (it doesn't have to be completely empty, but it definitely
> should NOT contain a music library or any other media files)  Disconnect
> everything from the Touch, NO ethernet cable. Plugin the USB stick.
> Plugin the power cord. You will get the spinney thingy trying to connect
> to mysqueezebox.com. Let it do that, after a couple minutes it will give
> up and you will get a screen saying you have no network connection. NOW
> press and hold upper left arrow. This will get you to a home menu (this
> one has no icons, it looks very different but it works). Select
> Setup->Advanced->Software Update. You will see a screen that says
> install from media, under that is one menu item that says Begin Update,
> select that. This loads the firmware and reboots. You will get the
> normal home menu with icons etc. Select USB Device->Eject. Take out the
> USB stick.
>
> What you do next depends on how you want to use the touch. If you want
> to use TinyLMS plugin the USB drive (or stick) with the music library
> and continue as normal. Let it scan the library. Then go to My Music and
> select the server on the Touch if it doesn't automatically connect to
> it.
>
> If you want to connect to LMS on another computer select
> Setting->Advanced->Networking->Choose Network, select either wifi or
> ethernet. Let it make the connection, then go to My music and select
> your LMS. (or mysqueezebox.com, but the whole purpose of this was to NOT
> connect to mysqueezebox.com)
>
> At this point you should be fully up and running.
>
> John S.
John: I don't think you've answered my question...which is: how does one
set up a -BRAND NEW- SBTouch that's never been powered on before without
having to connect to mysb.com?

The procedure you describe above seems to be for a SBTouch that's
already been configured for the network and, as far as I can tell, must
have connected to mysb.com at least once.

What are the steps?  I.e., from power-on and the "pick language" prompt,
what should one do next?

Thanks..