Mnyb wrote:
>  Do you got any iPhone or android app to control your softplayer ?
> Turning on the TV to control music is a bit awkward imo .
>
> There are some streaming service that are only supported on a real
> squeezebox .
>
> Depending on squeezeplay version it could be issues with hirez files
> >24/48 and possibly with bit-perfectness ,but as you have a media server
> you probably know all about getting bitperfect output wo having the OS
> re-sampling or otherwise interfere . Thats the soundqulity issue that a
> hardware squeezebox bypasses, sometimes the OS does "things" to the
> sound on old XP you had to avoid the "kernel mixer" and use ASAPI or
> kernel streaming .
>
> As a hardware squeezebox "just works" independent of the host servers
> audio system (hardware or software) you don't have to bother , example I
> don't think i have any working sound on my HP microserver that is my
> server.
>
> Ralphy have released .
> SqueezePlay for Windows with ASIO, DirectSound, WASAPI and WDMKS device
> support. This may further amend any differences that could theoretically
> be there.
>
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?96573-SqueezePlay-for-Windows-with-ASIO-DirectSound-WASAPI-and-WDMKS-device-support

Yes I agree turning on the TV just to listen to music isn't good. For
that reason the touch may be worth buying. I need to look into the
SqueezePlay for Windows with ASIO, DirectSound, WASAPI and WDMKS device
support. The Squeezeplay version I'm using uses the default audio device
so I have to set windows to use the digital out as the default. The
windows mixer may be messing with the bits.

George