I know Logitech is moving away from the squeezebox/LMS ecosystem (for
lack of a better term) but I'm a recent convert to this system and the
way I use it, it shouldn't matter if Logitech eventually abandons the
web services.

My question is based on how I currently use the system to listen to
music. I mostly listem music stored on a windows PC that runs the LMS
and squeezeplay. The computer is hooked up to my receiver through a
digital audio output so I get the digital signal directly to the
receiver's DAC. That's the main way I listen to music. I also have a
squeezebox radio (with a battery) to listen in other rooms and to use as
a controller for squeezeplay running on the PC (or on any PC in the
house). I can also use the several controller apps I have on an old
iphone to control the music instead of the radio. It's really such a
great system. I can't believe it took me so long to discover it (and
I've been looking).

With that setup, how would I benefit from the Squeezebox Touch? I know
people love it but I think my setup covers everything it does. If I'm
missing something let me know so I can buy one before they become
scarce.