Mnyb wrote:
> Some of the smartphone apps could also help with controll ,without the
> TV on , as long as the server is running and is connected to your lan
> and your able to to connect a phone pod or pad to it .

yes, I forgot to say that I do use an old iphone as a controller. I even
paid for an app that turns the phone into a player too. I can also use
the squeezebox radio as the controller without the TV being on. The
radio can do it with one button because I have a preset for random play.
The computer and reciever still need to be on with squeezeplay running
though. I usually turn the TV off after I get it all running.