I'm wondering if the Touch's analogue output is generally considered
inferior to a mid-level CD player WHEN USING a high-end receiver/amp and
speakers. (I realize a DAC can be a big improvement, but I'm not up to
that step yet.)  For those who have listening experience using high-end
equipment did you feel that your CD player outperformed the Touch? (I'd
prefer no comments from experiences using ~$300 receivers with ~$400
speakers, please.)

I had my Touched hooked up to ceiling speakers for the past year, but
just purchased a pair of high-end stereo speakers (Ascend Tower RAAL).
Just hooked up an unmodified Touch to them playing CD ripped FLAC files
stored on a vortexbox and using the analogue out into a 200 wpc Classe
amp.  I expected to be blown away, but just find the sound "good". Sound
quality does not seem as good as my previous speakers and CD player,
which I got rid of a few years ago. This is the first time I've feed the
Touch into a high-end stereo, and also the first time I've listened to
these speakers, so I'm not sure why I'm disappointed.  It has also been
a few years since I've had my prior high-end stereo, so I can't make any
direct comparisons.  The speakers are very highly regarded, so could it
be the Touch analogue out?  My CD player doesn't have variable out, so I
would need to pull my old preamp out of storage in order to do a direct
comparison with CD's.  So, I thought it would be good to get some
opinions.

Thanks.