Many of us say that something "sounds better" than something else,
whether it be a comparison of DACs, CD players, digital audio via FLAC
files or via shiny discs, the Touch, etc., however I would speculate
most of us have not precisely level matched the components in question
and performed a double-blind test of the components, DACs or equipment
in order to determine whether we really can discern a difference. I have
played the chase the DAC issue ever since the first outboard DACs became
available. I am no longer playing that game as it is an endless drain on
one's wallet without any real objective evidence that it significantly
improves one's system.

I spent a lot of time and money building a dedicated audio room with
acoustical treatment and really enjoy the sound of the Touch vs. my
various CD/SACD/Universal disc players. It sounds pretty good to me. I
guess I got over my audio nervosa many years ago.  The Touch coupled
with a competently designed system in a decent listening environment is
a very capable piece of equipment. Enjoy the music.