avp1 wrote:
> You may try to use custom kernel #11 or #12 (there is a plugin that
> brings custom kernel selection option). These new custom kernels work
> with my Teac USB DAC (with some glitches once in a while though) in USB
> 2.0 audio mode. If I understand correctly there are only TWO USB
> chipsets for 2.0 currently exist. I do not know which one is used in
> Mytek. Teac uses TE8802L chip. But you should be happy with Mytek -
> unlike Teac it accepts all types of digital stream via SPDIF including
> DSD64.

Thanks! Hey, if I can do 192...which I've done...and DSD, over s/pdif; I
have no reason to switch. So...what's the key to DSD over the SBT; you
need to use a media-server, like Foobar or JRiver? I bought JRiver, for
my Computer Audiophile CAPS streamer; so I can set that up, and output
to the SBT. And of course...who doesn't have Foobar on their PC; even
though I don't use it.

Does that work like JRiver; you can output it to the SBT? I'm looking in
preferences>output and I don't see the SBT as an available device; need
a plug-in or something? I'd just like to try a couple of DSD
samples...so I can see what all the fuss is about; because I go making a
big investment of time.

CD