pierrepfeffer wrote:
> PasTim and Mnyb, thank you for your input.  I was unable to get the dac
> to play (register) anything beyond 96 sample rate while playing 192
> sample rate alac files no matter what combination of server settings I
> chose.  I shouldn't be too surprised given Triode's disclaimer.
On my system, streaming only PCM (from my FLACs, but could just as well
be your ALACs, streamed as FLAC or PCM), I can play 24/192 tracks via
coax from the Touch.  However, with my DAC I cannot use optical or USB
at this quality level.

What output are you using from the Touch, and what does your DAC support
(forgive me if you said earlier).

LMS 7.8 on VortexBox Midi, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch with
EDO on Ethernet, coax out to a Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC. Wireless
Xubuntu laptop controls server using Chromium.   Meridian Explorer USB
DAC to listen to LMS via Squeezelite on Vortexbox & other PCs as
required.  Spare Touch in loft!