glrtrgi wrote:
> The remote seems not to be working, although I believe it periodically
> will work for a few things and then it won't work at all again.
>
> If I use the Touch by pressing the face of the screen it seems to be
> working ok. I have turned on and off the SBT but that does not seem to
> help. I have not unplugged the SBT, just fyi. Does turning on and off
> the SBT (so it just shows the date and time) actually reboot the Touch?
>
> I emailed the DAC mfg. and he said that I should use USB 2.0. for the
> DAC.
>
> Any ideas?

I can't be of any help as I don't use EDO or a USB DAC. There are
several peculiarities since it is not standard in the TOUCH, but plenty
of people have it working. Given the length of this thread you can see
that there is some tinkering required to get it to work in some cases.
But eventually someone with more knowledge on this will chime in.

Re Touch: Just turning on/off the touch does not reboot it. Try just
unplugging Touch, wait 60 seconds, then plug back in. Can't hurt
anything.

*Location 1:* VortexBox 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Streaming - Spotify