Cut-Throat wrote:
> Well, I decided buy a Dragonfly and try it, since it seems not many are
> using it here. Everything is working fine except for the Volume from the
> Dac seems about 50% of what the Squeezebox normally puts out. I can see
> how to adjust the volume of the Dragonfly Dac when Hooked to a Laptop
> output, as you adjust the device Properties. However when using a SBT,
> you just plug it in to the SBT. I have my SBT Volume set to 100, so I
> can't figure out how to get maximum output out of the Dragonfly.
>
> So, anyone here know what is going on?
I haven't got my Touch connected right now, but I assume it uses Alsa to
drive the USB DAC.  If so, there should be a way to change the volume
setting using a linux command.  On a full-blown linux (ubuntu) system
one can use alsamixer, and set default sound levels in
/var/lib/alsa/asound.state.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi running Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. Wired Touch + EDO, coax to Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC.
Wireless Xubuntu 14.04 laptop controls LMS via Chromium.   Meridian
Explorer USB DAC to listen via Squeezelite on Vortexbox & other PCs as
required.  Spare Touch in loft.