doctor_big wrote:
> Hi there -- I'm now trying to use the Audioquest Dragonfly DAC with my
> touch, hooked up via a powered hub, but -- as stated earlier in this
> thread, the volume is so low as to be useless.   When trying out the
> Dragonfly with my Odroid Max2play system, I noted that I had to Putty
> into the Odroid and invoke Alsamixer in order to turn the volume up, as
> it always defaults to very low levels.
>
> I've successfully Putty'ed into my Touch, but there is no alsamixer
> process available.  I noted that aplay -l shows the Dragonfly, and I'm
> hoping that there's some sort of command-line functionality available
> for me to jack the volume up as I did with alsamixer on the Odroid.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

Jason, I have just read the Dragonfly pdf and noticed this at the very
bottom:

DragonFly’s Streamlength™ Class 1 asynchronous USB code is licensed from
Gordon Rankin of Wavelength Audio.

Suggest you contact GR and enquire about the USB dac chip as it may not
be fully compatible.

Other than that, try an unpowered hub, check the volumne setting in the
Touch is set at 100%, also try some of the other options offered by EDO
(different kernels)

Best of luck with your search.

atb

Ronnie.