Man in a van wrote:
> Jason, looking around
>
> http://http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/how-to-unmute-dragonfly-dac-t411.html
>
> it would seem that your experience and theory and that of others is
> correct.
>
> have you contacted Audioquest with regard to this  problem?
>
> Also,
>
> http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/fly-dragon.html
>

> atb.
>
> HNY
>
> Ronnie

Yahoo!  You rock, Ronnie!

Poking around in those threads (I didn't find them in my searches...) I
discovered that amixer works inside the touch.  I was able to jack
up the volume with:
amixer -c 1 set PCM 5dB+

Took me a while to figure out the card number (it's 1) as the dragonfly
is listed under aplay -l as card 3, but somehow it's routed through card
1.

I'll update the spreadsheet with this info so others won't have to go
through this rigmarole to find the info.

Thanks again, and happy new year to you too!
Jason