I did a little research, but with a 197 page thread, I may have missed
something.  :)

I recently purchased a Teac UD-301 DAC t use with one of my SBTs.  (I
also recently purchased a UD-501 for my other SBT.)  I quickly
discovered that when I connect the two with either an optical or coaxial
cable, the DAC takes a second or two to adjust to a change in frequency
(-e.g.- when I play a 96/24 file after a 44.1/16 file), and a I lose a
bit of the music.  (This does not happen with the UD-501.)

One way around this might be to install the EDO and use a USB
connection.  However, a search of this thread reveals there have been
some problems in the past getting the EDO to work with the Teac UD-501.
Have the problems with the 501 been resolved?  Has anyone tried it with
the 301?

By the way, my Squeezeboxes are currently running 7.7.3.  Because the
Teac DACs can handle DoP, I may be moving to 7.8 or above soon.