Stratmangler wrote:
> As you've asked about connecting a USB HDD I'll add a caveat to that yes
> answer.
> If you're potentially having 24/192 files in the library on the device
> the Touch will run into problems managing that library....

thanks for your replay.

I have only some / few 192kHz fLAC files and lot of 96kHz or below.

Currently - since years - I use usually 16 GB memory stick (and have
several of them and change the files on them according to current
interest) without any network with the Touch and the sound for me is
o.k. (=nice, mostly highly involving, but this is delivered by the music
:-)    and I do not know if significant improvement in enjoying the
music could be reached)

...I also think about a 32 GB or 64GB memory stick - does someone have
the experience if the Touch handles 16GB vs. 32GB vs. 64GB memory stick
with same stability, easy ?

I do not intend to use the Touch in a network as a real streaming
device, for me is much simpler to use as written above, purely locally,
not having constant connection neither to a local network nor to the
internet (this only if I listen to internetradios)