PasTim wrote:
> I would definitely run without any extra load on the Touch.  I run with
> no 'now playing' display at all and most other Touch options turned
> off.
>
> Are you sending FLAC to the Touch, or transcoding to PCM on the server?
> Ditto ALAC?  If one is being transcoded on the server, and the other on
> the Touch, that might explain the different behaviour.

I'm just using the default settings. It's the fact it worked fine a week
or so ago, then all of a sudden one is and one isn't. That's the part
that is confusing me, I could get it if neither worked with ALAC or over
the USB, that's the fun of troubleshooting with inconsistent results :-(
confusing as hell...