Man in a van wrote:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UnnpylzUvFW3oi0ip5ghpuWFfDVcufKCn8k54uhqYKQ/edit#gid=0
>

> It's the dac, not all are compatible with EDO.
>
> There did used to be alternative kernels to try with CS dacs, but not
> now.
>
> I guess this is the answer, as your post is nothing but an observation
> really, a bit of flesh on the bones would help.
>

> Ronnie

Well, there's not much more I can say; I've been using EDO for some
time, with connection to Marantz amp (built-in DAC) via coax. This has
worked fine all the way up to 192kHz.

I decided to try connecting via USB (the Marantz has coax, USB and
optical inputs) just to see if it worked, and the results are as I've
written above.

By 'not OK', I mean that the sound is there, but 'burbly', or even
'speeded up', as if timing is a problem.

I did use a very long USB cable, though!

Living room: SB Touch, with coax to: Marantz PM7005, TDL RTL3 speakers.
Dining room: SB Boom.
Kitchen: SB Radio (1/3), with battery.
Bedroom 1: SB Radio (2/3), no battery.
Bedroom 2: SB3 (1/2), AE 2.1. speakers.
Bedroom 3: Slim Devices SB3 (2/2), Edirol MA-15D powered monitors.
Bathroom: SB Radio (3/3) (in white), with (and running on) battery.
Server: LMS v7.9.0 on WSE 2012 R2, HP Proliant Gen8 G1610T, 2.3GHz, 8GB.