mherger wrote:
> > => Is there any way to get over this endless Ethernet Connection
>
> I'm pretty sure there is. But don't know yet how.
>
> Could you please double-check that the IP configuration sent to your
> DHCP clients would be correct? In particular DNS and gateway settings
> are obviously crucial.
>
> Did you try manually configuring IP on the Touch?
>
> > checking? Is there any hidden serial port or JTAG (eventually to be
> > soldered) on the board to access the device and to force the home
> screen
> > to appear?
>
> Not 100% sure, but rather positive. I personally do have a unit with
> serial connections soldered on (but haven't used it in years). I'm not
> sure though whether the port was part of the production units.
>
> I think You should also be able to hook up a USB keyboard, then hit
> ctrl-alt-f2 to switch to a terminal.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Hi Michael

Many thanks. In the SBT, I never made changes to the IP settings
(IP-address, DNS, default GW all over DHCP). In the router , I tried the
following (Default GW is always the address of the router itself):

- DHCP activated, DNS left set to "Automatic" in the router (Swisscom
  Box) i.e., both DNS servers are set to Swisscom default DNS (no
  success)
- DHCP activated, DNS manually set to Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4
  (no success)
-

USB-Keyboard: Great Idea! By typing *Alt-F3* gives a terminal ;););) on
which I can login as root (default PW: 1234). And which accepts
"ifconfig"... but where is the "|" located on the US-Kbd.-layout in
order to type "ifconfig | less" so that it is possible to read the
details (any hints on how to to get these otherwise)?

P.S. I also have an SD-card inserted with the former release (fab4.bin),
how could I initiate the FW-downgrade on the command line?

Kind regards