Not directly IP related. But anything interesting in /var/log/messages,
in particular towards the end of the file?

Yes there is maybe something wrong there, after loading the plugins and
starting the network polling (see extract at the end).

I have no idea how you copied that log snippet, but could you please get us a full copy of /var/log/messages?

I _believe_ you can enable SSH using the following steps:

- "vi /etc/inetd.conf": there should be a line for ssh at the bottom of the file. Remove the # in front of it
- run "kill -HUP"
- try to ssh in to it

--

Michael