mherger wrote:
> > Many thanks. In the SBT, I never made changes to the IP settings
> > (IP-address, DNS, default GW all over DHCP). In the router , I tried
> the
> > following (Default GW is always the address of the router itself):
>
> Would you even get a prompt to manually configure the IP settings on the
>
> touch?
>
> > - DHCP activated, DNS left set to "Automatic" in the router (Swisscom
>
> Have you used this router for a while? Has there been an update
> recently?
>
> > USB-Keyboard: Great Idea! By typing *Alt-F3* gives a terminal ;););)
> on
> > which I can login as root (default PW: 1234). And which accepts
> > "ifconfig"... but where is the "|" located on the US-Kbd.-layout in
>
> Shift-7?
>
> Is the network connection set up correctly? Can you ping eg.
> google.com?
>
> > order to type "ifconfig | less" so that it is possible to read the
> > details (any hints on how to to get these otherwise)?
>
> No need for less. There shouldn't bee too many interfaces?
>
> > P.S. I also have an SD-card inserted with the former release
> (fab4.bin),
> > how could I initiate the FW-downgrade on the command line?
>
> Don't remember right now.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Hi Michael

I updated my post in the meantime. Here is the delta-information.

I did a DNS-check with "nslookup www.tsr.ch" which perfectly works.
Finally doing an "nslookup mysqueezebox.com" gives 6 IP addresses back.
Which other IP-parameters should be checked from within the SBT?

I am convinced the IP could be edited via the Terminal. What should they
be? Which networking variables/locations should I check?

Is there any script that can be edited in order to directly go to the
home screen upon booting?

P.S. I can see the file fab4.bin at /media/mmcblk0p1/ on the inserted
SD-card.

Kind regards