SqueezedUser wrote:

> On the problematic SBT we have:
> >   >
  - all Wlan signal information fields are blank in the menu
  > "Settings/Advanced/Diagnostic/Wireless"
  - trying to manually firing up Wlan on the terminal gives an error
  > (i.e., # ifconfig wlan0 up => ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such
  > device)
  - selecting the menu "Settings/Advanced/Networking/Choose Network"
  > RESTARTS the endless loop "Verify Ethernet Connection" :mad:
  -

Firstly, thanks to all who've contributed to this thread, because I've
had exactly the same issues and would not have had the patience to do
all this stuff!

Unfortunately my SBT does not really have the option of plugging in to
my network with a wire for anything other than diagnostics. I'm thinking
from what I've read here that if I have these symptoms then the wifi
really is dead? Are there any simple ethernet-to-wifi gizmos which might
give it a new lease of life, or should I pass it on to someone who's
able to plug it in? I don't want to waste time and money on something
that's unlikely to work, so any advice would be really appreciated.