mherger wrote:
> https://github.com/Logitech/squeezeplay/tree/public/7.8/src
>
> ^ that's where you'd find the code. But... where in there?

There were seven changes that impacted networking set up. I have not
been following the thread, so I don't know which might be a likely
candidate. Here's a list of the changes, should someone wish to review.
The last one looks intriguing, it seems that it might disable ethernet
unless connectivity to mySB.com can also be established.

scanning the network to allow the user to read the screen
https://github.com/Logitech/squeezeplay/commit/438fde489a0627e4ecd329b8293c11ac158777c0

the hidden demo start which is now in the language selection step
https://github.com/Logitech/squeezeplay/commit/9d773b4b3593a473f93d9e0ccdeb76bd6084bc7d

the hidden demo start which is now in the language selection step
https://github.com/Logitech/squeezeplay/commit/30c3c8479b42b07248a05a012153020427a7c044

step
https://github.com/Logitech/squeezeplay/commit/4da56ffe9c687b5eba6f0c15b73c8f001af5db38

Sort SSIDs by signal strength Sort the SSID list by signal strength
https://github.com/Logitech/squeezeplay/commit/00de3e1e09e17734344f6b4b7009aa7db4d031b5

Test connectivity to mySB.com upon detection of Ethernet - In addtion to
check for an Ethernet link also ping mySB.com and only if mySB.com is
available use Ethernet.
https://github.com/Logitech/squeezeplay/commit/7dc2ba0c2989869dcf58c2b15a22f9d5f0649559