On this SBT, trying to start the connection on the command line (no home
screen!) just gives:

Can't you do another factory reset with the ethernet cable unplugged, then try to configure it as WLAN?

=> Is there really no way to restore an older firmware via the
ssh-connection? The problem appeared after a simple factory reset.

The firmware you're using is what probably 90% of all Touch units out there use. I doubt downgrading will help. And no, I still don't know how to do it manually. Did you check wiki.slimdevices.com?

--

Michael