-On [20080418 10:30], Richard Liao ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>We have noticed that simplified Chinese support in the i18n branch
>lack of lots of translations in the zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po. And
>it should be keep up to date while trac is moving forward.

I am fully aware, but unfortunately I am not a native speaker even though I
mess with both Mandarin and Cantonese.

>Our team is willing to  implement the fully translation, including the
>in18n po file, all template files and all default wiki pages.

Wiki pages cannot be done as of yet. There's another ticket open for that,
but it is scheduled for after 0.12 at least.

>Can you give us some tips about how to translate those template files?
>We checked the translations in the po(and mo) file, it seems that only
>the strings in some type of tags(such as title) can be i18n.

First thing to be absolutely clear about: the sandbox is a work in progress,
so it is not yet a full product...

It also depends on both Genshi and Babel features, both of which are in full
development still as well.
Especially Genshi ticket #129 is important due to the avoidance of cutting
up blocks of text, which causes problems for a great deal of languages.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
Hope is the last refuge for mad men and dreamers...