<snip>

Yes, a method is a great start: Define the problem, develop a
goal/vision, collect requirements, define a functional architecture . .
.

Step 1:
Can a consensus be obtained for a problem statement?

Ray

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information which is
confidential to, and/or privileged in favor of, CDI Corporation or its
affiliated companies (CDI) or CDI's customers.  Any review, use, reproduction,
disclosure or distribution by the recipient is prohibited without prior written
approval from an authorized CDI representative.  This notice must appear in any
such authorized reproduction, disclosure or distribution.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
copies of the original message and any attachments.  Thank you.