On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Chris Nelson <chr...@sixnetio.com> wrote:
>
>> Type 1 dependency is implemented in the MasterTicket plugin.  Note that a
>> task may have many predecessors and many successors.
>>
>> Type 2 dependency is necessary to support "folding" or "zooming" detail in
>> the chart.  It is also generally useful and might be implemented as its own
>> plugin that the Gantt chart could require.  Note that is should be possible
>> to create a tree where A is composed of B and C, and B is composed of D and
>> E, and C is composed of F, G, and H.
>>

> About providing the data to Gantt plugin and the interaction with
> other plugins, specific interfaces (dont know if they'r already there
> ;) should be included in order to gather the data about WBS and deps,
> and so on. I mean instead of requiring a plugin, IMHO it is better to
> say «if you want to render data in your Gantt chart, implement
> interfaces X, Y, Z and config» instead of «Gantt plgin depends on
> plgin X, Y, Z». This also means that users will be able to use their
> own estimation and deps algos if they want to.

To be more precise in this point. Trac Gantt may be considered a
potential example of MVC architecture. In other words :

- Model : Tickets, resources, and othe PM-spec «artifacts», part of
Estimation, and deps
- View : TracGantt, but nothing (little ;) beyond UI
- Controller: Parts of Estimation, deps ...

If we have interfaces to put all this together and be able to change
all layers at any time then we have a flexible design, and a useful
and manage-able set of components which can be devd ...

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Se retira el BDFL ... ¿El fin de Python 3k?  -
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/simelo-es/~3/HpncxTKfB1c/se-retira-el-bdfl-el-fin-de-python-3k_02.html