On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Cooke, Mark <mark.co...@siemens.com>wrote:

> > On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 2:12 AM, Hugh Jennings
> > <hughj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >       Hi,
> >
> >       I hope someone can help me.
> >
> >       (snip)
> >
> >       When I go to do anything that is associated with a
> > repository I get an
> >       error saying no module named svn.
> >       (snip)
> >
> >       C:\Users\generic>python
> >       Python 2.6.4 (r264:75708, Oct 26 2009, 08:23:19) [MSC
> > v.1500 32 bit
> >       (Intel)] on
> >       win32
> >       Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for
> > more information.
> >       >>> import svn
> >       Traceback (most recent call last):
> >        File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> >       ImportError: No module named svn
> >       >>>

> >       I would appreciate any ideas as to what I can try next.
> >
> >       Regards,
> >
> >       Hugh

It has been a while since I've done that.
If I remember correctly, you should simply copy the svn and libsvn
directories to the site-packages directory under Python2X\Lib.
The *.pyc files you might see there are the compiled files. You should
remove them if you are updating.
The README in the Alagazam package also states that for Py2.5+ you should
rename the *.dll under libsvn to *.pyd manually.
If you use the Alagazam installer to install Subversion itself, the libapr*
DLLs are located under the Subversion\bin directory,
so there's no need to put duplicates in the Python site-packages.

Hope this help,
Itamar.