Problem solved:

What I did -- which is not exactly neat:

I installed the Alagazam distribution of SVN (many big thanks!) together
with bindings, following the instructions in [1]. After that, I did this:
the DLLs located in the Subversion\bin folder were copied to the Pythons
site-packages\libsvn folder.

Okay, so this works but this does not "feel good".

Itamar wrote in an earlier post on this topic that:

> If you use the Alagazam installer to install Subversion itself,
> the libapr* DLLs are located under the Subversion\bin directory,
> so there's no need to put duplicates in the Python site-packages.

Which to me indicates that I am missing something here, since I did the
exact opposite. I would guess my PythonPath environment variable is not set
up?

Any comments?

/Mikael

 [1] The t.e.o wiki on TracSubversion