On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 2:09 AM Mo <burcheri.mass...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 14. November 2019 09:21:51 UTC+1 schrieb Mo:
>>

>> Is it a good idea to move all the Trac installation towards using pip and
>> install into ~trac/ home? How would I check all user packages for updates,
>> how would I update all?
>>

> At least for the plugins it does not seem to be a good solution, as only
> half of the list of our plugins is available in pip, and there some of the
> plugins are not the latest version like
> TracAccountManager-0.5.1.dev0-py2.7.egg v.s. TracAccountManager (0.5.0) in
> pip.

Correction of your terminology - TracAccountManager 0.5.0 is available on
"PyPI" and passing a package name to pip like "pip install
TracAccountManager" will install from PyPI.

But you can also install directly from a source code repository with pip.
See (1) for examples:

$ pip install svn+https://trac-hacks.org/svn/accountmanagerplugin/trunk

* Replace pip with pip2.7 as needed
* For Git repositories, use "git+" prefix rather than "svn+"

(1) https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AccountManagerPlugin#DownloadsandSource