Thank you very much.
I think it's a good idea to use such a requirements_file, eventhough I
still think it's part of a package manager to populate such a file after a
'*pip
install*', just like every rpm, apt, yum or portage does.

Who is reponsible for publishing to PyPI? Does every track-hacks plugin
author need to push to PyPI and such a request to do so I should file on
track-hacks? The usual plugin wiki does mention the SVN source, but no
comments about availability on PyPI.
I don't know much about PyPI, but if there was kind of repositories for pip
it would be better to find all plugins on a separated trac repository
instead of pushing every single trac plugin to the big PyPI repo. But it
seems to be one big repository and Trac components usually are names like
"Trac*". Though it is hard to find the packages, as for instance '*pip2
search AccountManager*' does not find it while '*pip2 search
TracAccountManager*' finds the (outdated) 0.5.0 version.

You say it is also possible to use '*pip2 install .*' from the root of a
svn or git cloned repo. That would only replace my .egg building and
copying. I still need to pull or sync my repos. I guess maintaining a
requirements_file is the best as you say. '*pip2 list --user --outdated*'
shows me the available updates and '*pip2 install --user -Ur
requirement_file'* applies the updates. There would only be the gap if
there is a new version on SVN that is not published on PyPI yet, so I still
need to monitor those a bit.

About the virtual environment that was recommended many times to me I don't
see the advantage yet. As I have all the Trac installation concentrated to
the ~trac/ now, this $HOME is isolated from the root installation anyway.
Then I'm daily btrfs-snapshotting the home directories.
That virtualenv sounds like perlbrew, having a portable complete
installation with interpreter and libraries. This would be helpful if I
need separated installations for the trac user account. Do I need this? My
isolated python environment is ~trac/.local/ managed by '*pip2 install
--user*'.

For now, only packages like dev-lang/python-2.7.17,
dev-python/pip-19.3.1,dev-python/setuptools-41.5.1 are provided by the
linux root installation. Trac itself and Trac required python packages like
pymills, reportlab or xhtml2pdf are installed by pip to the ~trac/ home,
and Trac plugins are installed as .eggs to
~trac/projects/trac-pp/plugins/.  I'm going to reduce the local .eggs and
move that to pip as well.

Some parts I found from the linux distribution like
dev-python/simplejson-3.16.0 I installed as root, but I guess if those are
only requred by Trac I would also move them to the ~trac/ home, as PyPI
could be more up to date as some Linux distribution.