On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 20:36 +0100, Samuel Murray (Groenkloof) wrote:

> >> Isn't Martin Benjamin working on such a list via AnLoc?
> >> http://africanlocalisation.net/en/terminology
>
> > Perhaps. In the last times there are lot of tools for translating,
> > maintaining TM, glossaries... Too much for me.
>
> No, the Anloc Terminology project is not a tool -- it is a list.  It is
> a list of 2500 terms, to be translated into many African languages.  If
> one can get one's hands on that list, it could be a useful start for a
> super list of GUI terms.  Martin's list also has nothing to do with TM.

Some info on the Anloc terminology project. It is producing the
following outputs:

1) Tools to manage dictionaries, a term list is a simple dictionary.  To
this end they have produced something called GlossMaster (still in
progress) for simple terminology management and PALDO (for full scale
dictionary management)

2) Terminology list of 2,500 terms for software.  Based on various
common and end-user focused FOSS tools and user tasks.  He used
poterminology to help find the right words.  At 2,500 it is probably
already too big for a core word list.

--
Dwayne Bailey
Associate                                      +27 12 460 1095 (w)

Recent blog posts:
* xclip - where have you been all of my life!
http://www.translate.org.za/blogs/dwayne/en/content/xclip-where-have-you-been-all-my-life
* Virtaal on Fedora
* Translate Toolkit on Fedora.  Status of Virtaal and Pootle

Stop Digital Apartheid! - http://www.digitalapartheid.com
Firefox web browser in Afrikaans - http://af.www.mozilla.com/af/
African Network for Localisation (ANLoc) -
http://africanlocalisation.net/