@t3g: This is what happens when your main goal is to make a profit out of something. Money tends to rule you. If you have to make proprietary software for a client in order to make a living then do it, but don't try to disable others freedoms to be able to do it. Your taking this issue by the wrong end.

I'm against capitalism but i have to use money to survive (hope that changes someday), likewise you can write proprietary software for your clients (if you have to) and still advocate software freedom. I think no one can really point a finger at you on that, especially in the hard times we're living, but don't go around slamming other peoples freedom.

You have the right to make proprietary software, and others have the right to not use it.