Let me give you a true story:

Right now I am developing a web application with my friend with the intention to license it to others and eventually sell to the city or a company. Since I am a programmer, he came to me and said that he will do the marketing and when we eventually sell it, I get 50/50 on it. I'm not building a social network or anything super huge, but a tool that is useful for the web and employees.

My dilemma is that if I do not follow the LibreJS guidelines, it may potentially break for some people. But then if I don't want it to break, I have to give away source code to my non-minified version. It is a dilemma because if he finds out, he will be pissed and if it is eventually sold, they will see that the source code is available for anyone to look at and steal. They could not know or I could lose a lot of money.

Of course nothing is guaranteed and I just can't hurt to feel a little confused when I get into these real life dilemmas. Do I live through the ideals of a FSF advocate and live within my means and rely on community donations or do I make some decent change, make it a service that only I can offer, and in return pay my bills.