If the dependences you are talking about were found in Trisquel's repository (i.e., you have actually found a .deb on the Internet), then they are free software.

That would be great to easily know whether an application (or one of its dependences) found on the Internet is free... but neither "vrms" nor "my freedom" can do that: both only consider the packages in the repositories of their respective distributions (Debian and Arch).

It actually looks impossible to automatically know the license of a package found on the Internet... since that is a task that we hardly handle by hand (searching for a license on the project website or in the source or..., read the license, etc.). That is why 100% free repositories such as Trisquel's are great: their developers (and their community) do this job for the freedom of their users.