The main (if not only) difference between FSF's and Debian's definitions of free indeed relates to the GNU Free Document License. It is wrong to write that the FSF only cares about software and not about its documentation. After all, it is the author of the GNU FDL!

As far as I know, the Debian Free Software Guidelines consider this license non-free because it accepts "invariant sections". The whole idea behind them was to prevent the removal/edit of "political sections" such as the GNU manifesto. To me it makes sense that such sections should not be allowed to be modified because, writing them, their authors personally engage themselves. I am not sure whether the GNU FDL allows a section of "proper documentation" to be made invariant. If so, that indeed looks problematic.