moil...@gmail.com writes:

> You can find Intel Graphics in Desktops too. They used to be a chip on
> the motherboard, but the current generations has been integrated to
> the CPU. So,  if you buy the right Intel CPU you get Intel Graphics
> too.

I prefer AMD, because from what I've read trough the years I have the
impression, they are generally more free software friendly, by providing
technical information. I'm excluding the ATI and card division, although
they provided information for that too except for the 3D rendering. For
instance AMD is very helpful in the Coreboot project, the effort for
free software BIOS. Intel on the other hand I hear are going completely
in the opposite direction and invention lock-down mechanisms on BIOS
level and does not contribute. Supporting AMD has another potential
benefit - it prevents Intel from becoming a monopolist. My personal
hardware buying guide has a weighting mechanism that has several
components and compromises. 3D was generaly not mandatory before GNOME
Shell.