"How would the world be a better place if nobody put any thought in how their actions might affect others?"

You are misunderstood my position. I think about how my behavior will affect other people. Just look at it from a different point of view. All countries have problems. My country have a lot of problems too. Why I should caring about problems of YOUR country? Especially because you have a much higher standard of living than I am. It`s not envy. This simply means that your country has been much more succesful in competing with other countries.
This means that your Society has enough power to solve their own problems.
It`s like asking a weak person to help strongman.

The only way to change my mind, prove that the "software patents" is also my problem and you really need my help.