I just did some code that rectify's this problem. It allows you to set the "goreleve" of the mele weapons. Default is now "2" (10x less gore), where 3 would be the old way. Before it spawned about 50 server side blood effects per frame of the cut occurance. So that was hundreads of blood effects. Now it is like 10 or less.

It froze because too much info was being passed over the network in one frame (even for localhost).
2 should be a good default for most comps, can be set to 1 or 0 for others.

As for grenade, there is allready a setting for it, but I want the realism of dodjing or hoping not to be hit by a projectile.

I've also worked to add more music to the diff maps. These changes will hopefully be uploaded in the week or so.