From what I know (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReactOS), React OS is more of a Windows NT clone, than a clone of Windows XP. (Although the project started with a previous version of Windows in mind.)

It's still considered to be in an "alpha" stage. So, several bugs are expected. But, it's already (only) two levels away from a release version.

I'm eager to test it, once I need (again) to use some proprietary program.

I think React OS is a great idea. Since, it can also be used to run only free programs, that were made/compiled for Windows - like is the case of many GNU/Linux programs that also have Windows versions - and, this way, is an alternative to GNU/Linux, which might have some advantages(?) compared to the latter.

Like Richard Stallman says... Even if people use it to run some proprietary programs, "it's better to have some freedom, than to have none".

And, there are, sometimes, some good programs whose license ends up being liberated.

So, there might be cases where, even if someone requires a proprietary program to do some work, that person might end up having a completely free system, once the code for that particular program is liberated.