I would like to disagree.

Just because Debian is not a FSF endorsed doesn't mean it cannot help FSF with doing the right thing. Even if Microsoft helped FSF identify free sowtware compatible hardware, it would still be a good thing. Yes, it does not make Microsoft a good company, but that single action is correct and perfectly fine. It's kind of like how all kinds of organizations contribute code to GNU/Linux.

I would also like t comment on the "There is no middle ground". In my opinion, completely free distribution is always the best option, but I would still pick a partially free distribution over, say, Windows. It's not 100% free, but it's something, and that something is important, too. Debian itself, as far as I know, is free software. It just makes it easy to install non-free software, but I like it for it's many qualities.