He (riftyful) wrote,

"In my opinion, completely free distribution is always the best option, but I would still pick a partially free distribution over, say, Windows. It's not 100% free, but it's something, and that something is important, too."

'Partially free' is his choice of words and he suggests that he could potentially choose such a distribution under certain circumstances.

There is no 'partially free.'

There is NEVER a good reason to choose a non-free distribution. If Debian produces a distribution that cannot be endorsed (for whatever reason), FSF is betraying the cause by collaborating on the H-node project. Debian should be shamed (and shunned) until they get it ALL right. It's not doing anything right until it does everything right. This is the fundamental standard of the free software cause.