I'm skeptical that the voting is a good idea at all in the long run, hiding or none. I think it could be too easy to conflate upvoted posts as being endorsed by the Trisquel project - a casual observer may just assume the views of the community reflect those of the Trisquel project.

Right now this isn't an issue because the community aligns pretty well with Trisquel, but it's not hard (for me, anyway) to imagine a situation where this changes - the project gains steam with the general population (as opposed to mostly just those who really care about freedom), and we could be seeing heavy criticisms of free software upovoted en masse, next to very little support for Trisquel's honest philosophy. I'm sure if it got that far, the rating system would get removed, but removing it specifically to de-emphasize certain posts would not go over well with any community.