==============
"P.S. I single out Ruben here because I know he reads this forum

No, he doesn't. He only reads what is specifically pointed out to him e.g. on IRC."

My point is, if he's not reading this discussion in some form as advised from at least some folks, as needed, then that may suggest that he and/or our community may not be taking this issue as seriously as it needs to be taken.

Also, I apologize for my semantic mistake of conflating bigotry with discrimination. You are correct in pointing that out. Bigotry is a much more up-front, in your face action whereas discrimination can take place in subtle ways, among other differences between the two. I'm not perfect.

I'm curious what you all think of the book "Whipping Girl: A Transexual Woman on Sexism"? If you haven't read it yet, give it a quick read as I think it will help a little for this situation.