Regarding their public statement, it would have been unethical and unwise for the FSF to: * mention any details about the former employee, their employment situation, or why they no longer work for the organisation
* doxx LR as the source of the allegations
* mention any details about other FSF employees doxxed by LR
* indicate any willingness to enter into a trial by internet, and risk attracting the sensationalist, scandal-mongering gutter press, whose only contribution would be to represent the software freedom movement as a 2 penny freak show

AFAICT tell the FSF has taken the only ethical action available to them. They made a public statement that they don't make hiring/firing decisions based on arbitrary personal qualities, and affirming that they actively oppose discrimination, including transphobia, by linking to the Safer Spaces Policy used at FSF events: "The FSF is dedicated to providing a harassment-free LibrePlanet experience for everyone....

"Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, age, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention."
https://libreplanet.org/2016/safe-space-policy/

BTW the original comment by jdenz (currently hidden) represents an influential set of opinions about how best to deal with discrimination issues. Although I disagree with most of it, I think it's an important comment for understanding where the safer spaces secret police are coming from on this issue (not to mention understanding the subsequent exchange between jdenz and onpon4). I think it should be unhidden by the mods.