I'm glad I don't live from your perspective, onpon4. There's nothing wrong with an organization or software project making a statement in regards to the changes they want to make in order to become more inclusive.

The following from the Hacker News post (https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12525465&goto=news) makes some good points in response to the argument that "technical progress" should be a priority in situations like these:

This is a serious issue and you're not helping by trying to dismiss it as childish or otherwise delegitimizing it. It's very easy to say “technical progress” should be a priority when the issue in question doesn't affect you personally but that reflects a gross failure of empathy on your part rather than an argument against the Libreboot decision. Open source development, especially in the FSF's area, is generally about people volunteering their time and valuable expertise to contribute to a public good. It is simply unreasonable and unrealistic to suggest that people prioritize that goal over every other consideration. As a hypothetical, suppose the issue in question was anti-Semitism and a Jewish maintainer decided to leave – would you really tell them that they should just be focused on creating a free operating system?

To be clear: I am not saying that this is a valid complaint, that the FSF is in the right or wrong, etc. I don't know any details about the incidents in question but I can see that it's a serious allegation which should not be arbitrarily dismissed. I hope that the FSF works to ensure that the community and potential new contributors can trust them to follow their stated policies.