> This shows me that you have dismissed VR without even using it

Of course I haven't used it. Even leaving aside the fact that they all run on proprietary software, I can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars on a luxury good that I will barely use (I spend very little of my time playing games, so even if I started exclusively playing VR games -- highly unlikely -- I would still barely be using it).

> Bigger is not necessarily better.

But it is. At least, all other factors being equal. So if you can spend the same amount of money on two RAM chips that are equally fast and reliable, but one has more RAM, you're of course going to choose the one with more RAM.

What you proceed to talk about is an advantage to splitting up all your data into several smaller flash drives. But that's an argument for why 100 10GB drives is better than one 1TB drive (for example). It does not mean that a 10GB flash drive is better than a 1TB drive. If 100 1TB flash drives cost the same as or less than 100 10GB flash drives of the same size, speed, reliability, and compatibility, you're going to be better off choosing the 1TB ones.