Deleting both sections of /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf and executing 'systemctl restart NetworkManager' does not solve any of the two problems (the DNS not being automatically configured with Ethernet, the Wifi adapter never connecting to the network). Should I still try to remove only one of the two sections? Also, I only executed 'systemctl restart NetworkManager' after updating to the flidas-backports version of NetworkManager. Is it really necessary to reboot (as the Update Manager says)?